Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Server alternatives for Filemaker 18 advanced

This topic is 1272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have a Filemaker 18 db file. We want to be able to access it remotely with roughly 3 users in different locations.

We don't want to use Filemaker 19 server due to annual cost.  We currently are using separate Filemaker 18 Pro Advanced on multiple stations. What we would like to do is find a way to host it remotely online, or to buy a server version 15, 16 or 17 to host it and access it remotely. 

Can I get recommendations on the best way to accomplish at the lowest cost and if possible, input on how to do this.

Thank you.

I hate to tell you that only 19 is available to purchase - and older versions are no longer supported and Claris Partners in good faith do try to support the latest versions. 

You could find hosts that can possibly help you on 14 before multi tenancy was eliminated but trying to find licenses older versions may not be viable plus your always 1 OS version away of being obsolete - meaning you won't be able to even open the app, or experience undesirable issues.

Also too server and client only work with in 2 versions so 19 & 18  or 17 & 18 or 17 & 16 etc. 

$900 USD is the cheapest for annual platform license, you could host it your self on premises with adequate server config or at the most a hosting company (my best price for 19 is 85/month)  there may also be a slightly cheaper option on hosting if you opt to host on the new Linux version of FMS. 

If you have used *any* FMP functions or features introduced you will not be able to use these on older versions they simply will not work and could prove to cause errors or unexpected behaviors. (functions / objects / themes ) 

Let me know if you would like to purchase a license and or desire hosting. ( if you are a EDU or Non Profit the cost for licenses is more budget conscious) 

This topic is 1272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.