Hide X and Y axis labels

madman411

This topic is 1060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I use a bar chart to visually show the amount of fuel available in tanks. The users create entries as fuel is used which in turn adjusts the data.

I want to hide the labels FM automatically adds to charts as my solution already displays this data in another form. The chart is merely a visual reference and I don't needed the added labels. Is there a way to do this?

Hi comment

Thanks for mentioning that - I do remember seeing repeating fields used as a bar graph. Is there a demo file or thread you can point me to? I think that'll achieve exactly what I need.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi @comment

I'm trying to use your repeating field bar graph method to display time elapsed between dates. The calculation calls for a set date in the future based on today's date. If the date is passed the current date I need the graph to turn red. I'm getting some weird results just plugging in the date fields to the existing conditional formatting calculation. Here is what I have 

Let ( [
maxValue = Aircraft::Annual_Due ;
segments = 100 

] ;
Get(CurrentDate) - Aircraft::Annual_Due / maxValue  ≥  Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) / segments  
)

Probably missing something very obvious but help is appreciated.

3 hours ago, madman411 said:

Hi @comment

I'm trying to use your repeating field bar graph method to display time elapsed between dates. The calculation calls for a set date in the future based on today's date. If the date is passed the current date I need the graph to turn red. I'm getting some weird results just plugging in the date fields to the existing conditional formatting calculation. Here is what I have 

Let ( [
maxValue = Aircraft::Annual_Due ;
segments = 100 

] ;
Get(CurrentDate) - Aircraft::Annual_Due / maxValue  ≥  Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) / segments  
)

Probably missing something very obvious but help is appreciated.

Well I figured factoring in the most recent Annual (Aircraft::MostRecent_Annual) would help but I'm not sure how to set a minValue.

Edit:

Ok, I've figured out the way to achieve the numbers I need. Dates are in US format for the example below.

Most Recent Annual: 12/12/2020
Next Annual Due: 12/12/2021
Current Date: 5/2/2021

barGraph is a repeating number field with 100 repetitions.

Let ( [
maxValue = Aircraft::Annual_Due - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual ;
segments = 100 

] ;
Aircraft::Annual_Due + Get(CurrentDate) - Aircraft::Annual_Due - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual / maxValue ≥  Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) / segments
)

In the above code the first part gives me a figure of 141:

Aircraft::Annual_Due + Get(CurrentDate) - Aircraft::Annual_Due - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual

The second half gives me a maxValue of 365 (one year)

maxValue = Aircraft::Annual_Due - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual ;

Therefore, the conditional formatting graph calculation together should give me a figure of around ~38.6% on the bar graph itself, however regardless of what I try it keeps giving me a full graph (100%). 

Edited by madman411

If I understand correctly what you're trying to do (which is by no means certain), you want to have two conditions in your conditional formatting.

The 1st condition would be: 

Let ( [
total = Aircraft::Annual_Due - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual ;
elapsed = Get ( CurrentDate ) - Aircraft::mostrecent_Annual ;
segments = 100 
] ;
elapsed / total ≥ Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) / segments  
)

and this would color the elapsed portion by some color.

The 2nd condition would be: 

Get ( CurrentDate ) > Aircraft::Annual_Due

and this would color all segments red when the due date has passed.

--
Of course, if the interval is always one year, then one of those fields is redundant.

Thanks Comment. I didn't realize the conditions needed to be calculated in the Let function first. Correctly organizing it all worked a treat.

For what it's worth, the interval SHOULD be a year, but in some instances it is not. 

This topic is 1060 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.