Return focus to field in a portal

Rich S

This topic is 1080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that tests the Product Code field, in a portal, for validity (using a script trigger -- "on exit"--Attached to the Product Code field) so if the user doesn't enter a known value, a Custom Dialog window appears telling them so; the script then clears the product code field so the user can re-enter a known product code. That part of the script works.

The problem I'm running into is that after the script clears the Product Code  field (k_ProductCode__lxt) using the Set Field command, I can't find the correct command to place the cursor back into the Product Code field so the user can re-enter a value ; I've tried many variations of Go To Field (using hard coding and a variable, GFN (Get Field Name)), but I just can't get the cursor back into the field.

What's the secret? ...or is there a better way of accomplishing the same thing?

Cheers and TIA for your help.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 8.51.52 AM.png

Untitled.pdf

Currently, there are 98 codes but more will be added next week to bring it up to around 160.

2 hours ago, WF7A said:

I can't find the correct command to place the cursor back into the Product Code field so the user can re-enter a value

You don't need to. A script triggered OnObjectExit runs before the active object is exited. If you exit the script with a false result, the triggering action will be canceled and user will remain in the field they are trying to exit.
https://help.claris.com/en/pro-help/content/onobjectexit.html

Edited by comment

Ah, thanks. I deleted all but the Show Custom Dialog script step and added Exit Script [TestResult: False]. Yay!

This topic is 1080 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.