Currency formatting

This topic is 1001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I've worked myself into a "i don't know what I'm doing now" situation.

I'm trying to use a briandunning.com custom function found here however I'm lost at the script tigger remarks. I am unable to add the "one line" script onto OnObjectModify:

It is used in conjunction with an OnObjectModify script trigger attached to the numeric field. The script called by the trigger consists of only one line:

AutoCurrency ( Filter ( table::field ; "0123456789" ) )

The demo file link no longer works. Can anyone advise on what - if any, and how to make - the script is?

I would guess the script uses the Set Field [] script step to set the field to the calculation you show.

Are you sure you really need this? You can easily format the field to display the entered value as currency. Do you really need this extra work just to keep the field formatted while it's being edited?

--
P.S. I don't think a one-line script is going to cut it here. After setting the field, the cursor will be placed at the end of the field's data. That's fine when the user is only entering digits in order from left to right. But it's going to be very inconvenient when they try to edit an entry.

Edited by comment

29 minutes ago, comment said:

I would guess the script uses the Set Field [] script step to set the field to the calculation you show.

Are you sure you really need this? You can easily format the field to display the entered value as currency. Do you really need this extra work just to keep the field formatted while it's being edited?

--

Comment - Set Field [] worked. Thank you!

To answer your question - no. I don't really need this. I'm just playing with some methods of pre-formatting certain fields and was interested in possibly implementing this into my solution. 

This topic is 1001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.