Get(DocumentsPath) returns empty on Server Side script (sometimes)

Tompa79

This topic is 953 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a server side script that runs on regular interval. One of it's jobs is to create an agreement PDF and upload it to a server.

I had this working fine on one solution and have now built it on another solution. The problem is that when I try to get the documents path I get nothing. 

It took me a while to understand what was wrong, because when I called the script with static parameters from another part  of my server side script , there was no problem - I got a value for documents path.

From what I can see both calling scripts run with full access priviliges. 

Can I "mess up" my contact with the file system with another earlier command or something?

The blue line in the picture with $path returns empty and lasterror is 0. Save records as PDF can not perform if I set $path to documents folder specifically either.

Any ideas?

This is on a FM16 Server. (win 2016)

DocumentsPath.png

I think I found the answer - script is run with "Full access privileges", BUT, when I debugged what priveliges was actually used it was a privilege set we use with wpe. That did not have printing or exporting allowed.

I’d break it down and build up. Start with a script that simply sets the Get(DocumentsPath) in a field in a record in a temp table. Schedule this script to run using a full access account. Remember to establish context at the start of the script and perhaps bypass the onfirstwindowopen script. 

This topic is 953 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.