Which Query to use?

This topic is 885 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The image below show two sets of data I want to pull out of QuickBooks using the plugin.  The lower section Parts is pulled using a BillQuery.  The question is what do I use to pull the inventory items?

My first guess at this is ItemInventoryQuery.  Is this correct?

Thanks very much for the help.

Bruce Herbach

image.thumb.png.adc57f09667b5676dd34e534d13964c6.png

Edited by Bruce Herbach

How is the top part generated? My best guess is that you could gather the data from one or both parts using a GeneralDetailReportQuery. Setting them up is pretty straightforward. Parsing them has a steep learning curve, but they're extremely useful.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

Hi Geoffrey,

Just asked the client about how this was generated.  It comes from the Job Profitability Report on the main customer display from the Customer Center.  Report can be run from the Customer Center screen for the selected Customer/Job or from the reports menu.  Here it asks for the Customer name first.

What I would like at the end is a list by Customer of Inventory items the Customer received.    Is it possible to set up a report that would list just the inventory items,  grouped by Customer?

In looking at this,  I see what you mean about the parsing being a steep learning curve.  I would like the items to end up in a FileMaker table and have the record end up there just once. So I can mark it as invoiced to the customer.  

Suggestions on how to do this would be appreciated?  I do it for Parts by pulling in the Vendor Bills through a BillQuery and use the TxnID as a filter to update an existing or add a new record.   I doubt that the report has that level of detail.

Thanks

Bruce 

Edited by Bruce Herbach

I wrote "GeneralDetailReportQuery" above, but it's the GeneralSummaryReportQuery you want, specifying an EntityTypeFilter of "Customer", the Customer's ListID, and a GeneralSummaryReportType of "ProfitAndLossByJob".

I'd start with that and see if it's what you need. You may need to specify additional elements (ReportItemType, maybe?) to get what you need, but that will get you started.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

This topic is 885 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.