Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Recovery Mode insanity

This topic is 888 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The recovery mode is driving me crazy.

When it's engaged the sync goes from taking a minute to taking 50 minutes.

And it's engaged way too often and it does not make sense (at least to me) to check every single record of a user because he cancelled a sync.

A user cancelled a sync this morning because his internet connection was poor. The result was that his following sync entered in recovery mode and took ages to complete because it had to check for thousands of records.

Why does it need to do that ?

When he cancelled his sync I got the following email (I set Mirrorsync to email me every sync error)

"Another sync is currently running between the same set of databases. This could indicate that multiple devices share the same databaseId, which is a serious problem."

I don't get this message. Why would it be a problem for multiple devices to sync to the same database ? I guess the message is poorly written because it does not make any sense.

On mobile, the possibility to have a sync cancelled is pretty high and the user can not pay the price of an incredibly long sync when it happens.

Looking at the Mirrorsync update log, MS 6 was supposed to be more discerning about detecting records that had to be updated. Well it's still not good enough.

I will report the problem and send the logs but meanwhile anyone can enlighten me about the recovery mode ?

Please submit a problem report from the MirrorSync launch page. Be sure to set the date to when the slow sync happened, and if you know it, please put the time of when the slow sync occurred. I need the log files to answer most of your questions.

This topic is 888 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.