Transform XML to RSS Feed

TSC

This topic is 809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey All,

I know that I need an XSLT to transform the XML output from FMS to generate an RSS feed, but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone have a pointer on either a template to use or a site to learn how to write the XSLT to generate the RSS?

---Backstory---

I need to generate an RSS feed of products to be ingested by a 3rd party application. 

Thanks in advance.

Re learning: XSLT is a programming language. You learn it like any other language: from books, online tutorials and forums or QA sites. The bad news on this front  is that XSLT is a functional language with a steep learning curve. The good news is that you only need to learn a small (and relatively easy) part of it in order to handle a regular output such as you would usually get from a database. I am not familiar enough with the books to make a recommendation  (though there are a few I would NOT recommend...). There is a medium-quality tutorial at https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xsl_intro.asp. There are quite a few examples of XSLT stylesheets posted here on FM Forums (mostly by Fenton and myself). And there is an active XSLT community on StackOverflow.

Now, if you want help with your specific problem, why don't you post an example of the raw "XML output from FMS" (before applying any XSL transformation to it) and the expected "RSS feed of products to be ingested by a 3rd party application". I am not sure what exactly either of these looks like.

Edited by comment

This topic is 809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.