Server Maintenance This Week. ×

multiple criteria in IF statements

This topic is 8192 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a way to put more than one criterion in an IF statement? I want to be able to say [fmp-if: field: ProjectDescription .eq. AND field: ProjectName .eq. untitled].

I'm sure this can be done with nested IF statements, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Although, if I do a nested if, it doesn't seem to work right. I had it as:

[fmp-if...][fmp-if...]do this[/fmp-if][else]do this[/fmp-if]

I would think that is correct, but it didn't work. Having more than one criterion in the single IF statement is my preference though.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Carrie

Hi, keep your [FMP-If] queries as simple as possible and reference calculation fields.

You can have nested 'ifs' or a whole load of 'cases' in the calculation field and just deliver yes or no or as the result which your [FMP-If] looks up.

Where possible, I try to eliminate [FMP-If]s and deliver the results of calculation fields because they can be indexed and stored rather than being calculated on demand - big speed advantage.

regards, jeff

Hi, keep your [FMP-If] queries as simple as possible and reference calculation fields.

You can have nested 'ifs' or a whole load of 'cases' in the calculation field and just deliver yes or no or as the result which your [FMP-If] looks up.

Where possible, I try to eliminate [FMP-If]s and deliver the results of calculation fields because they can be indexed and stored rather than being calculated on demand - big speed advantage.

regards, jeff

Hey SP - If this works, I owe you one.

Like Jeff, I try to keep my IF statements simple, and use calc fields. Unfortunately, my solutions have lots of related databases, and calc fields that reference fields from related databases often can't be stored or indexed. I have lots of nested IF statements and plan to play with SP's advice!

Thanks! tongue.gif" border="0

This topic is 8192 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.