FMP-InlineAction

This topic is 7911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When using [FMP-InlineAction] tag what would be the correct syntax to insert dynamic fields and cookies? For instance, in the following example I need ProdID to be equal to the value from the ProductID field and TransID - to CookieName. What I wrote here - doesn't work: [FMP-InlineAction: -db=Database1.fp5, -lay=Form, TransID={Cookie:CookieName}, ProdID={Field:ProductID}, -find][FMP-CurrentFoundCount][/FMP-InlineAction]. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Cheese n crackers, I've never understood cookies, so I've never used them. The cdml reference tells me "A cookis is saved by the browser...". Hmmmmm. Well a token can be passed from format file to format file and from format file to db and from db to format file. Oh well, maybe that's why I use tokens.

You write that your code includes: "TransID={Cookie:CookieName}".

Cookie:CookieName is not a relationship. What is it? Is that the data which is populating TransID?

I also get that you are performing a find on two fields, ProdID and TransID.

And I see that you are not using the fmp-cookie tag. So I'm pretty confused here. I don't know if that's any help or not.

Of course syntax Cookie:CookieName is not a relationship. This would look like a relationship Cookie::CookieName. Yes, the data from cookie stored on my HardDrive should be populating this replaicement tag. I was just not sure whether {Cookie:CookieName} is the right syntax inside the [FMP-InlineAction] tag. As far as I now [FMP-Cookie:CookieName] won't work inside [FMP-InlineAction], the same way [FMP-CurrentDatbase] is not the right syntax here and it should be {CurrentDatabase}. Anyway Tnanks.

As I've written -- I was not able to make cookies work on simple CDML statements. Actually it worked somehow in NN and not in IE.

And not a single soul confirmed it would work "If something is different, like..."

To rely on them and to push that into InLine -- I am very skeptical.

Thanks smile.gif

I would LOVE to use cookies. I am using them even in FileMaker hosted sites, but not the one generated by WebCompanion.

JavaScript originated cookies (my are from GoLive Actions) and inserted into Forms are working OK. But they are JS page generated cookies and not the WC.

All I asked is whether the CDML syntax inside the [FMP-InlineAction] tag was correct. I didn't have any problems with storing and reading cookies. All the advises I was receiving weren't answering my question. I figured out the correct CDML syntax myself. But... Thanks for your time anyway.

Out of curiosity, vasilek, what is the correct syntax for cookies inside inline actions?

BTW, the only problem I've experienced with CDML-set cookies has been when I've tried to set more than one at a time.

This topic is 7911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.