Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trying to show related records on a single bar

This topic is 486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello forum.  Don’t know if this is possible.

What I was hoping to do was to show related data, 2 data point pairs in a single horizontal line, kind of like a progress bar.

For example the following related records data points consist of an angle and a measurement:

0         23.5

22.5    42

22.5    36

90      38.25

What I hope to display would be a horizontal line where the the first (left side) would show 0 (angle) on top of the line and 0 (measurement).  The next point (segment of the line) would show 0 (angle) on top and 23.5 (measurement), and so on until the end of the line shows 90 on top, 38.25 on bottom, with the total length equaling the sum of the measurements.

I tried a variation on the progress bar I saw in a starter solution, but no luck at all.  I wonder (if it’s even possible to do the segments as repeating fields, where the measurements (segments) will represent a percentage of the total length of the line, or is this a job for a web viewer.

Any thought or pointers are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

sorry for the crude mock up

image.png

Do I understand correctly that you want the distance between the data points to be proportional to the measurement values (sort of like a chart)? If so, I would indeed look for a web viewer solution. 

The problem with using a repeating field here in a similar way to a progress bar is that the segments need to be narrow - therefore the segment that represents a data point will not be able to display its values.

Honestly, I don't really know what to search in JS Libraries or Data Tables.  It was just an idea, not critical at all to the database. 

If it was doable and easy(ish) enough to implement I'd give it a go, bit otherwise I'll let it slide.

Thanks again for your help &  thoughts.

Steve

This topic is 486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.