Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Proportional Autosizing of objects side by side

emtau

I've been looking for this option to allow two objects whether its a field, button, shape etc placed side by side and could both auto-size without overlapping over each other. Is there a way to accomplish this?

I don't know about Claris Studio, but "Claris Pro and FileMaker Pro Help" states:

Important  Multiple objects positioned side-by-side or stacked vertically and anchored to either both left and right or both top and bottom margins move or resize relative to the layout, tab control, slide control, or portal margin, not each other. Therefore, adjacent objects will not maintain a relative distance from one another and may overlap when the window is resized.

I think the most you can do is to anchor the left-hand object to the left margin and the right-hand object to both the left and the right margin. Or vice versa. Then one of the objects will autosize in the horizontal direction and the other will remain static, so that the distance between them will be constant.

You would think that grouping the objects might help, but you would be wrong.

• Plus1 1

Yes sorry I meant for Filemaker Pro, not sure if this is the right place to post cos I have version 19 and I thought this is the place to post for previous versions of Filemaker. So it seems like there are no current solution for this issue? I've been wanting this feature since I use Filemaker but still couldn't find maybe a way around to proportionally resize stacked objects without overlapping each other. I hope they solve this in the future.

Thank you.