Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Summary portal not working

Hurlz

Hi there,

I have attached a sample version of my database here, which I hope will help.

My set up: We have grant schemes with applications. Each application is applying for funding which will come from a variety of sources: some from the scheme, some from us ("AIBN" in the database), some that the applicant needs to provide themselves ("AIBN group" in the database). There are numerous groups.  The funding is also provided across several years, so AIBN might provide $50k in Year 1, $20k in Year 2 and $30k in Year 3, a total of $100k. Most schemes are only across a maximum of 5 years.

Funding is added to the Application record via a portal linking to Finance.

I want to show, at the Scheme level, a summary of funding for that scheme as follows:

1. All for the whole scheme
  2. For the AIBN only, each year for each application
  3. Totals per year for AIBN funding only
  4. Funding per year per AIBN group only
  5. Totals per year for each AIBN Group only

My problem: I have achieved 1 -  4 above, although option 3. is using 4 x 1 row portals each filtering for the year (1, 2, 3 or 4) - any suggestions on how this could be done better are welcome

I cannot get option 5. working. I have been looking through help and trying different samples, but wonder if my issue is complicated by the three levels: Schemes - Applications - Finance? I tried using another 

Thank you for any assistance 

Scheme finance test.fmp12

I am not sure I fully follow your explanation of what's what.

In general, the easiest way to produce summary reports is from the most atomic table -  I think that would be Finance in your case - using a layout with only sub-summary parts. 

If you need to show more than one kind of report at the same time, consider scripting the process and gather the data (again, by performing the necessary finds and sorts in the most atomic table) into variables. A technique known as "Fast Summaries" can be very useful for this (and sometimes the ExecuteSQL() function can provide a shortcut). 

Thanks for your reply, and apologies if my explanation was not clear.

I want to show this information on the screen, not in a printed report, so want to use portals to show the funding for each application within a grant scheme in different ways, but am having trouble doing that.

I attached a sample database to my original question to help demonstrate what I would like to do, but perhaps the attached screen shot will help. 

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 3.08.06 pm.png