Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP 19 new problem, email send files does not work. It was fine before?

• Newbies

I am a filemaker developer (FMP 19.6) and I just updated my Mac OS. My documents folder used to be on my Mac but somehow all the documents were moved to iCloud and not on my computer. I fixed it and the documents were downloaded apparently by having the cloud icon disappear. But I do not see a documents folder in my hard drive like before. My filemaker file has automated links to send emails with attachments. The attachments are not working and I am getting this message: Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct the problem.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:50 AM, Jose Bolanos MD said:

I am getting this message: Some of the files that are needed are either damaged or have not been installed. Please run the installer to correct the problem.

This error message usually indicates that Mail.app is not selected as the default email reader in Mail preferences - see, for example:
https://fmforums.com/topic/108922-email-script-not-working/

I don't know if that applies to your case too. I have never heard of the Documents folder missing. And you're not telling us exactly what those "automated links to send emails with attachments" are programmed to do.