Possible to execute "Open Remote"??

This topic is 7847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Thanks in advance everyone...just scanned the board and couldn't find an answer explicitly relevant to this. Is it possible to create an Applescript that opens a database hosted on another computer (ie., file->open remote) over TCP/IP? I am not running FMServer, nor is the database password-protected. If I've left necessary info out, let me know and I can elaborate the setup further. Thanks again!

If you want to open a db hosted on another computer, just create a FileMaker file on your computer that contains an Open File(specify file) script, and set that script as the startup script. Use AppleScript to launch your "opener" file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is a applescript that I use to open my database files.

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

activate

open file "Macintosh HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 5.5 Folder:Database Files:@hand.fp5" with password "1234"

open file "Macintosh HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 5.5 Folder:Database Files:Contacts.fp5" with password "1234"

end tell

I also have my host machine set up that whenever it starts, this script runs. This is nice incase the computer crashes and restarts, then my database files are automatically launched.

LR

This topic is 7847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.