Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Editing multiple records (checkboxes)

This topic is 8130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, but...

Is there a way to edit multiple fields using checkboxes? The format file contains a form showing multiple records- each with a checkbox displayed for the field 'Remove'. I want the user to be able to check multiple records, subit the form, , and have the records edited. I have tried doing this 2 different ways, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by J Angel:

I'm sure there's a simple answer to this, but...

Is there a way to edit multiple fields using checkboxes? The format file contains a form showing multiple records- each with a checkbox displayed for the field 'Remove'. I want the user to be able to check multiple records, subit the form, , and have the records edited. I have tried doing this 2 different ways, but I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Hi J,

I am working on a real-time sign in program and had to do what you are talking about but with only one record at a time. I'm pretty sure that if you set up both of your pages, the one you are talking about that has the "remove" and seperate checkboxes, and a page that you get to after declaring that you only want to see the [FMP-currentrecID]'s of those selected by the checkboxes.

You will have to create a new field to validate this and the calculation would be like If(whateverfieldhasthecheckboxes="",0,1) . Then you put the 1 (if the checkbox is not blank) in the link to the format page where you have set up for editing the multiple records and have the page have a

[FMP-If:Field:whateveryounamedthenewvalidationfield .neq.][whateveryounamedthenewvalidationfield]

then your <input type="text" VALUE="[FMP-field:whateverfield]">

[/FMP-If]

I think this may work, or a variation of this may work. I hope I helped put you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way I know to edit multiple records - in FMP and over the web -- is with a script. Perform a find to isolate the desired records, then Replace the field values or use a loop to work through each record individually.

I'll leave it to others to speak of the evils of running scripts over the web. wink.gif" border="0

This topic is 8130 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.