help for newbies

This topic is 8104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. I've posted over 500 times. I'm a regular contributor. So you are a newbie. You are also becoming, like it or not, a developer. Take an attitude and call me in the morning.

No seriously, the Internet Forums are a great resource. Many questions you haven't even thought of have already been answered. Like I say, I've posted a lot. That is because I visit the Internet Forums almost daily, as do a few other contributors.

You would do yourself (and your employer, if you have one) a big favor by researching past threads and visiting these forums every day. You don't have to contribute to learn. But you should read what is here. It will help to make being a developer a lot easier. This is hard, complex work. It takes a lot of time to learn how to do things and what the issues are. Read what others are doing about them through these threads.

Some of our answers may be short or somewhat obscure, sometimes contentious, but they are all meant to help.

FileMaker is not a perfect software. But it is pretty darned impressive and versatile.

Develop in peace.

This topic is 8104 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.