Is there a way to see what password was entered?

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that I only want certain people to be able to run a script that will modify this one field. Is there a status function that will return what password was entered upon entering the database? When I created the passwords, I did only give access to the field to the passwords that I want to be able to modify it. Read only access to everyone else. But I would like a nice way of letting the users know that they cannot modify that field. I would rather not leave it up to FMP. I was hoping there was something similar to the Status(CurrentLayoutAccess) function but have it on the field level or return what password was entered. I would then create the script that will modify the field and put an If statement at the beginning of the script to see if they have enough permissions to run the script. Am I making sense? If you have any input on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

Kurt,

Thanks for the input. I did what you suggested. I have 4 passwords and 3 groups. ONe of the passwords is the admin password, two of the passwords are associated with one group, the last password is only associated with the last group. It has limited privileges. What I did to see what groups FMP thinks each password is associated with is I created a calculation field with the function status(CurrentGroups). When I log in with the password that is supposed to be only associated with the last group, the field shows all 3 groups. What would cause this to happen? When setting up the access privileges for the first two groups I have the bullet point greyed out for the last password. Which should mean that it is not associated with those correct? I must be missing something here.

Thanks,

John

This topic is 7939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.