Fill in information in 2 fields

This topic is 7866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a applescript that opens a particular FM file.

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

activate

open file "Macintosh HD:Applications:FileMaker Pro 5.5 Folder:Database Files:GW_Users.fp5" with password "ibiubu"

end tell

This particular file opens, runs a FM script that pauses until the user inputs a username and password into 2 seperate fields.

Is it possible to add something to the applescript above so that it will fill in these two fields, then hit the equivelant of the enter key.

LR

For this particular use it is appropriate.

I have 7 different files being hosted for our office. I have set up a applescript that, if the machine that serves the files crashes and then restarts, the applescript runs and will launch all the files unattended.

The problem is the login on one of the files. This is a file that is a custom username and password solution. It is not the built-in privleges in FileMaker, but a custom database file that opens a window, pauses a script until two fields are filled out with a username and password. This is why I want the information to auto-enter into these two fields, so that if the server has to restart and relaunch the files unattended, the login will also happen.

LR

What you should have is this.

1. Your databases should all have a general password and an admin/server password. The admin/server password should be a member of an admin group.

2. Your databases should all be set to startup with the general password by default and run your startupscript. Inside this startup script you would have the following if:

if [ patterncount(status(currentgroups),"server") = 0]

# Not the server station, so authenticate user.

perform script ["authenticate"]

endif

3. Create a simple database called server startup (this will reside only on the server machine and not be shared) It will have as its only password the admin password and be set to startup with that password. Inside its startup script, it will open the system of other databases.

Kurt,

I see what you are getting at. This would be a better/easier solution than trying to do it in AppleScript.

So in my login script I could just add a If and Else step. What type of calc in the If script step will determine what machine the database is being opened on?

LR

This topic is 7866 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.