Help, I've lost my token....

This topic is 7934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings all,

First let me say thank you for this fantastic forum and apologize for this long post. Over the last several days I've gone from knowing nothing about tokens to implementing them rather successfully by reviewing past threads here. A fantastic site!

Clearly I've ran into a problem however, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

I have a page called addtaxon.htm, which roughly looks like this:

<form action="FMPro" method="post">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-db" VALUE="Faunal_Entry.fp5">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-lay" VALUE="Web Access">

<input type="hidden" name="-format" value="confirmtaxon.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="-Error" value="errortaxon.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="Machine Number" value="[FMPCurrentToken]">

<input type="hidden" name="-token" value="[FMP-CurrentToken]">

<P><P><B>Family:<BR>

<input type="text" name="Taxon Family" value="" size="30">

<P><P><B>Genus:<BR>

<input type="text" name="Taxon Genus" value="" size="30">

<P><P><B>Species:<BR>

<input type="text" name="Taxon Species" value="" size="30">

<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

<TABLE width="600"><Font Face="Arial">

<TR><TD width="200" align=Left><Font Face="Arial"><B>Family</TD><TD width="200" align=left><Font Face="Arial"><B>Genus</TD><TD width="200" align=LEft><Font Face="Arial"><B>Species</TD></TR>

<TR><TD width="200" height="10" align=left>[FMP-Portal: Faunal_Entry][FMP-Field: Faunal_Entry::Taxon Family]<BR>[/FMP-Portal]</TD> <TD width="200" height="10" align=Left>[FMP-Portal: Faunal_Entry]<i>[FMP-Field: Faunal_Entry::Taxon Genus]</i><BR>[/FMP-Portal]</TD><TD width="200" height="10" align=left> [FMP-Portal: Faunal_Entry]<i>[FMP-Field: Faunal_Entry::Taxon Species]</i><BR>[/FMP-Portal]

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<BR><BR>

<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear Form">

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="-New" VALUE="Submit Taxon">

------------------------------------------

This page allows users to enter in taxa (i.e. records--fossils in this case) for a given machine number (i.e. what the token is set at). Once the record is created, you can see that they are then lead to the following page, confirmtaxon.htm:

<FORM ACTION="FMPro" METHOD="post">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-DB" VALUE="Locality_Entry">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-lay" VALUE="Web Access">

<input type="hidden" name="-format" value="addtaxon.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="-Error" value="error.htm">

<input type="hidden" name="-token" value="[FMP-Field: Machine Number]">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="Faunal_Entry::Machine Number" VALUE="[FMP-CurrentToken]">

The taxon has been entered successfully.<P>

<P>

<P>

<BR><BR>

<INPUT TYPE="submit" name="-Find" VALUE="Add another taxon >>>"

<P><P><P>If you are done entering taxa and would ike to review all of your entires, please click <a href="checkentries.htm">here</A>

</Form>

-----------------------------

This page runs the token through FM so it is recognized and then directs the user back to addtaxon.htm so they can add another taxon. It also performs a search on the token value (i.e. machine number), and shows the user what taxa have been entered already when they return to addtaxon.htm. This all works great and it's a nice little loop I've set up.

Here's the problem--finally. I can't get out of the loop. At some point the user will be done entering taxa and will need to got to page checkentries.htm to see how it all went, and potentially edit their data. Can I direct them to another page from confirmtaxon.htm (if they don't need to enter more records) while still performing a form action so that I maintain my token, rather than direct them via a <a href> (where the token is lost)?

I imagine that there is a javascript way to do this, but I'd prefer to stay away from that. I know it's not rocket science, but I don't know the first thing about Java. What would be great would be to have multiple submit buttons, one which performed a -find (as it does above already), and one that performed a -view and directed the user to checkentries.htm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks Garry.

And thanks for all your posts in the many threads that have helped me in the last several weeks. I had tried multiple forms before but it hadn't worked. After trying again I found a few small errors in my HTML--works like a charm now.

Thanks

This topic is 7934 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.