Emailing PDF reports

amemme

This topic is 7708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I need to distribute reports via email. Currently we are creating PDF of the the report. Currently I am selecting PDF writer from the PC or save to PDF on the mac. My first question is does anyone now a way to print to PDF with out Dialog? Secondly is there anyway that PDF can be automatically attached to an email and ready to be sent by the user?

Regards,

Anthony

I'm a big fan of using plug-ins for implementing email in FM. My preferences are SMTPit and POP3it from Comm-Unity. The SMTPit plug allow you to send an email to multiple destination and to attach files. www.smtpit.com and www.pop3it.com.

-bd

• 2 weeks later...

The way to print pdf files without a dialog is to set that up in distiller. Distiller, in options, has settingts to overwrite existing files and prompt for filename. After you have this set up correctly the filename of the pdf file will be the name of the database that is creating the file.. ie: mydata.fp5 when printing to distiller the pdf will be mydata.pdf. I then use 2 plugins to accomplish the rest of the job.

troifile plugin to rename the pdf to something meaningfull.pdf and mail-it to attach the pdf file to an e-mail. the reason we use mail it is that it can take a field value for the attachment.. It works quite well

Stu

This topic is 7708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.