print script problem

This topic is 7698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, this has got to win a prize for the most ridiculous problem ever, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out:

(OSX.2.5)

We have 4 databases running in seperate windows; Ido Script Scheduler runs every night to trigger a printscript which itself works fine, except:

when Filemaker itself is hidden or in the background, which was easily fixed by an "activate" command.

when the database that contains the printscript to be triggered is not in the foreground. So how do I tell FileMaker to activate (i.e. bring to front) the window I need? I've tried activate, select, bring to front, all to no avail...

thanks for any help!!!

Use a local "launcher" database that calls the scripts in the appropriate files. Trigger those scripts with your scheduler.

I've had the same problem, but there are several potential work arounds. One that I have used is to have an identically named scriptmaker script in all database files the could be open and have that script call the target database script.

Another equally inelegant solution is to loop through the open databases looking for the target...

repeat with n from 1 to 20

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

try

set thisDB to database n

on error

exit repeat

end try

set DBName to (name of thisDB) as string

if DBName is "TheTarget.fp5" then

activate

go to thisDB

tell database thisDB

end tell

end if

end tell

end repeat

This topic is 7698 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.