Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Problem with Timbuktu

greger

This topic is 7675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a problem using Timbuktu Pro to connect to a FileMaker database when I try to connect with a computer using Windows. The computer I connect to uses Mac OS9 and filemaker 5.5. When I start FileMaker on the remote computer Timbuktu shuts down because of an unexpected error. It is strange because It works great working with all software on the remote computer except for FileMaker. I have tried using both Windows ME and XP, but i still cant use FileMaker on the remote computer. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

//Greger

This is a known issue with Filemaker and Timbuktu and has existed for a couple of years now. I do not recall every trying it with Filemaker 6. We went back and forth with Netopia quite a bit to try and get it resolved, but basically it is nothing that they can do, it is something that Filemaker was doing with the display.

I just noticed on the Apple web site that Microsoft have released a Mac OS X version of the Windows Terminal Services client. I haven'e tested it ot anything, but it may mean that Mac OS X users can login and use Windows terminal servers.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/networking_security/remotedesktopconnectionclient.html

This topic is 7675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.