Scripting Multiple finds...

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

...I can do it manually, but how do I script it?

I am trying to find multiple records in one database (A) based on the criteria from multiple records in a second database (B). The common factor between the 2 databases is a number but the common factor between the multiple records in the second database (: is a field that does not exist in the first database (A).

I can manually enter find mode in database A and copy and paste the common number from database B, "Add New Request", and then copy and paste the number from the second record, "Add New Request" again and so on... How do I script the "Add New Request"?

By the way, love the new options! wink.gif" border="0

The Add New Request script step is found under the Records heading for available steps, New Record/Request. By using the script step Enter Find Mode (don't forget to uncheck the Restore Find Request and Pause boxes), and then the New Record/Request you would create the desired result. You would also need the Perform Find script step to activate the new criteria.

If you are adding numerous new requests this will have to be done via a loop that start after the Enter Find Mode and ends prior to the Perform Find step.

Hope this helps.

This topic is 8428 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.