Server Maintenance This Week. ×

go to layout

This topic is 8572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Firstly is there any resources were I can get a "dictionary" on scriptMaker?

Secondly I need a script a script that takes a user to a certain layout depending on the password they entered on opening the file. Any ideas of how this could be done??

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by darrenN:

Secondly I need a script a script that takes a user to a certain layout depending on the password they entered on opening the file. Any ideas of how this could be done??

A "dictionary" on ScriptMaker? Try the help file, it has descriptions of all of the script steps.

For your other question, you can accomplish this 2 ways.

One is to create some groups, and assign passwords to those groups. For example, say you have 3 passwords (User, Manager, Master) and you create the following groups: User - contains all passwords, Manager - contains Manager and Master passwords, Master - contains only the Master password.

Now you can use the StatusCurrentGroups command to determine where to go. For example:

If [ PatternCount ( Status (CurrentGroups), "Master" ) >= 1 ]

GotoLayout [masterLayout]

Else

GotoLayout [userLayout]

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

quote:

Thanks

Besides the help files, a good reference is Scriptology (www.scriptology.com), which includes information about all of the scripts steps as well as examples on how they can be used.

Chuck

Tried what you said, as follows:

PatternCount (Status (CurrentGroups),"Design") >=1, but I keep getting the following error message.

"This field could not be found" so it thinks that "Design" should be a field when it's the name of one of my groups and passwords.

quote:

PatternCount (Status (CurrentGroups),"Design") >=1, but I keep getting the following error message.

"This field could not be found" so it thinks that "Design" should be a field when it's the name of one of my groups and passwords.

Retype your PatternCount statement, you must have missed a quote or something.

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

quote:

Make sure you have the quotes around the word "Design".

Also, I like to use a slightly shorter version of the calc. Leave out the >= 1 portion, since if it's greater or equal to 1, the calc will be interpreted as true.

Chuck

I am experiencing this problem of FM thinking the entry is a field even though quotes are used. I am also in UK (using FM4). Seeing your problem, I am wondering if there is something different about UK keyboard.

Perhaps someone could give us a simple test calc that would confirm the problem?

quote:

Originally posted by Keith Shelton:

I am experiencing this problem of FM thinking the entry is a field even though quotes are used. I am also in UK (using FM4). Seeing your problem, I am wondering if there is something different about UK keyboard.

Perhaps someone could give us a simple test calc that would confirm the problem?

Also, make sure that you have the latest revision installed, this could be a bug.

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

quote:

Originally posted by yafreax:

well i don't know about all this PatternCount mumbo jumbo, why not just use the following in the start up script:

If [ Status(CurrentGroups) = "Master" ]

Goto Layout (whatever layout)

and go from there

Jeremy

Actually, that might not work because the Status( CurrentGroups ) could return more than one group. That's why the PatternCount is used.

Chuck

You see that's exactly the kind of attitude that gets people beat up in this world!!!!

Just kidding, actually it's just the kind of response that proves that you make more money than i do. (he he)

well, thanks for the info on why the PatternCount "mumbo jumbo" is so important. I'm sure that will come in handy. Now why they don't have a StatusCurrent Password function is beyond my comprehension. Oh, that's so they can make more money in v6.0. . .

Jeremy

Some version of FMP use the semicolon as delimiter insetad of comma.

So instead of...

PatternCount (Status (CurrentGroups),"Design")

... try...

PatternCount (Status (CurrentGroups);"Design")

This topic is 8572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.