FORMAT FILE NOT ON SAME SERVER AS DATABASE

This topic is 7402 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This is my first post to this formun, so bear with me, folks. My problem:

1. The database is located on one server with a unique IP address

2. The format file (format.htm) is located on another server with a different IP address.

Can I devise a FMPRO? statement that a) first directs the <A HREF..> statement to the database (-db=) and then to the location of the format file.

Thanks much.

Dan Landis

[email protected]

One way would be to use XML. With this method you do not need Format files. You can use either XSLT, or PHP, to "process/format" the output.

The other method would be to Mount the Drive containing the Format files on the computer hosting the databases. Then create the Symbolic Link in the "Web" Folder.

All the best.

Garry

As long as the format file is on the server with the FMPx client inside the web folder and the database is actually open on that computer, regardless of where the physical database is, the basic "-db="mydb.fp5" & -format="format.html" should work.

• Newbies

The problem is that the format file is NOT on the same server as the FMPx client and the database. It is on another server. That server has a file called "Default.htm" which has the fmpro? statement which is part of an http statement that directs the fmpro? to the server with the database and the FMPx client.

Dan Landis

This topic is 7402 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.