Scatterplot

DanBrill

This topic is 7363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Wasn't sure if this was a right brain issue, since it deals with data display, or a left brain issue, since its all about computations and analysis. I thought of posting in both places, but then feared what Lee might do to me. wink.gifwink.gif

Anyway, a bit of an update from yesterday, which was a spinoff of the movable objects / map question.

The scatterplot can be produced under either of two methods. In the first, one record is gotten from the source file and passed to the plot file for display. This is repeated via a loop for each record in the source file. I thought I might improve the computation time by getting all of the data at once and passing it to the plot file and parsing it there. So I added the second method which copies the data out of the source file and then pastes it into the plot file. As it turns out, there is no difference. Nada. Zip. Either method works equally well. (Or equally poorly, depending on what you think of my work. tongue.gif)

I also added the option of drawing the axis on the plot.

The populate data script just fills in random numbers. Just there for testing, not for a real world application.

To integrate this into a real application I'd probably create a script to import the desired fields and records into the datafile, and then plot via one of the methods.

Thanks for any input.

Dan

ScatterPlot.zip

DanBrill said:

Wasn't sure if this was a right brain issue, since it deals with data display, or a left brain issue, since its all about computations and analysis. I thought of posting in both places, but then feared what Lee might do to me. wink.gifwink.gif

Who, me.

confused.gif

All I would say is, Please don't double post.

crazy.gif

BTW, thanks for sharing the files.

Lee

grin.gif

This topic is 7363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.