Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with a calculation

This topic is 7393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have db where the users have to choose from 15 fields, each a dept. (dept1, dept2,etc) for each record they choose a dept field, they also have to choose a corresponding field of which there are 9 choices. The records are related by company id. I am unable to combine these fields,dept and level, and have to keep them in their current format to match back to an existing solution.

What i need to do is "score" the choices. The user must select 3 of 4 pre- determined depts for a company, and a level to match, as well as 4 more remaining choices. I need to summurize the choices for a company, to show that the required 3 of 4 are met, and 3 addtional, in order to close out the inquiry. I also need this to generate productivty reports.

I know i could create one(or more) big ugly If statements, but would like to do it cleanly. Again, I cannot change the structure of the existing fields, but do have a related db that holds one record for each company.

Thanks in advance,

Twist

I'm not sure I'm comprehending your structure. Could you possibly attach a clone of your file or a small example file demonstrating the problem and how you want it to appear?

This topic is 7393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.