Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Current Record Color

This topic is 6977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm confused, the row in a portal is the current record.

Are you trying to highlight something else. I'm I being confused by the mention of the Portal, Self Relationship, etc.

Maybe you can attach a sample file or try a different approach on describing your problem.

Lee

confused.gif

sorry, the ones I've found hilite a column, not a row. Basically it's a self relationship that shows all of one persons records so in each record they can see all their records in the portal and click on it to go that record. I'd like to hilite the current record to distinguish in the list.

R

I like the file Alen, thanks for sharing it! You have some great ideas there! But I think what Ricardito is asking for is a bit different yet. I've also tried to highlight the current portal row, depending upon which main record was being veiwed. It's not easy to get it to display reliably. I did, however, find a post which explains how to do it. I haven't implemented it yet, but I trust the Responder. smile.gif

Highlight Current Record

I think what is wanted is that, as you scroll through your main records, the portal highlights the selected record.

If you don't find your solution in other ideas, Ricardito, this might be worth checking out. wink.gif

LaRetta

Hi LaRetta!

I must have missunderstood the question....why would u highlight "main record"....it is the only record viewed anyway?no?..

if there are 2 portals the concept still stays the same except you would GO to related and backlight it....

Cobalt's script is not different than mine (he used "Case" statement and here used is "IF")

perahps I should have noted that "selecting"record triggers the script that sets the backfield = to field that holds image....

Anyhow,perhaps if Ricardito can attach his original file we can get better feeling of it....

don't give up!

The idea isn't to go to the portal, but to have it change as a User scrolls through the main records. So, if one uses the Status Bar (or Record buttons) or the scroll bar, the row highlight will change accordingly. At least, that's what I think is being asked for. But I could be wrong - I frequently am. smile.gif

BTW, thanks for sharing the Photoshop Tutorial in the Samples Section. It's just what I need right now. smile.gif

LaRetta

hello Lee!

I am sorry...I thought that graphics are stored...click on the portal row.

I re-uploaded the file but it looks like I missread the question frown.gif

Also, here is a screenshot of "how it is supposed to look"

if there is problem with graphics then simply paste an image (of solid color) int the field "q_ActiveSelection".

show_hide.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Lee,

I was just trying the highlight portal row thing and it works except for every way I've tried it there is a bug. If I click on the first portal row all three of my records are highlighted. If I click on the second or third portal row the highlights vanish and nothing is highlighted. What could be causing this?

Greg

Hi Lee,

I was just trying the highlight portal row thing and it works except for every way I've tried it there is a bug. If I click on the first portal row all three of my records are highlighted. If I click on the second or third portal row the highlights vanish and nothing is highlighted. What could be causing this?

Greg

Hi Lee,

Greg

This topic is 6977 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.