Scripting and Checkboxs

This topic is 8381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Sorry, forgot to specify that I want to do this in a script. Is there a way to step through each record looking for the checkbox and then omitting the record that was checked? I have been able to get it to work, sort of by going to the first record and then omitting records, but I have to run the script several times. When I do this, it sets all the other forms to only see the uncompleted jobs. I want just the list form that I am working on to display the sorted records.

quote:

Originally posted by Marc Smith:

Sorry, forgot to specify that I want to do this in a script. Is there a way to step through each record looking for the checkbox and then omitting the record that was checked? I have been able to get it to work, sort of by going to the first record and then omitting records, but I have to run the script several times. When I do this, it sets all the other forms to only see the uncompleted jobs. I want just the list form that I am working on to display the sorted records.

Ok, what EXACTLY are you looking for? This seems like a simple find request issue. I think that you are looking for the unckecked records of a particular ??.

The find criteria is 2 step. The first request finds the ?? that you are looking for. The second request uses the omit option to omit the records that are checked.

This approach will certainly work, but for large record sets it is not nearly as fast as a find or better yet a "go to related record, show only related records". Kind of like driving in a wood screw with a hammer.

Toggle Status Area (show)

Enter Find Mode ()

Set Field (Checkbox, 1)

Omit

Perform Find ()

-bd

This topic is 8381 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.