using a variable portal row

This topic is 7335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that is triggered by a button in a portal row- The script acts on the data in that row. A problem arises when a field in another portal row is already selected ( the script acts on that portal data). All works fine if no fields are selected.

any ideas thanks?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

"A problem arises when a field in another portal row is already selected ( the script acts on that portal data)."

I'm surprised it does that... I've never seen it happen. I'll do some testing.

Try this: get the script to insert the portal row number into a global field (it should insert the number of the row the button in on) and use the Got to Portal Row step to select the portal row, then do the rest of the stuff.

I thought of something else this morning which might be helpful if the problem still persists: get the script to check if it is in a field (perhaps IsEmpty( Get (ActiveFieldName)=0 might do the job) and only let the script run if the cursor is not in a field.

Vaughan said:

Try this: get the script to insert the portal row number into a global field (it should insert the number of the row the button in on) and use the Got to Portal Row step to select the portal row, then do the rest of the stuff.

for info that worked thanks

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.