Tool for using PHP to build FileMaker driven web

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Take a look at the FX class, written by Chris Hansen and available freely at his website, www.iviking.org. The FX class is an excellent tool which allows you to easily communicate with FileMaker from within your PHP code.

The FX class allows you to send commands to FileMaker, and the FX class structures FileMaker's results as an object which you can easily manipulate. Also, the FX class is one of the faster methods for communicating with FileMaker, as it uses HTTP/XML (which FileMaker handles very efficiently) as opposed to ODBC (which FileMaker handles extremely slowly).

The FX download from Chris Hansen's site includes excellent documentation and examples which can help get you up and running in short order. Good luck! ???

I have a little problem with the FX.php tool, it generate some error in my logs.

The error talk about a deprecated function in the FX.php file. The tool is still work but how to suppress this error ?

Thanks

The exact error code :

--* --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_set_object(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /ID Folder/Libraires/website/FX.php on line 459

--* --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

We have a Filemaker databse in which there are different type for materials for a product like Leather,Metal etc. in a ValueList Material.

When we select a material the price of the product is changed through a calculation field in filemaker.

where as on the web........

i have displayed value list of materials with help of fx.php and a checkbox with them.

when i search the product based on the material and the record no the price does not changed as based on the calculation.

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.