Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Toolbar

Henry

This topic is 7312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there, just want to ask is that any way to create a custom tool bar and make it stay on top of the screen. when the screen scroll down, it still will maintain on the top, just like normal toolbar. In normal design layout, if i create a custom toolbar with shortcut button, when the screen height more than one page, it will need to scrool down and the tool bar will not able to view anymore. Hope can get some idea of doing this or maybe with the help of plugin.

Regards,

Henry

FileMaker Version: Dev 6

Platform: Windows 95/98

There's no way to create a real floating toolbar in FMP. You could try creating another file that has your buttons listed horizontally across the top. This way they would be independant of the other file's windows.

My preference is to use a tabbed interface with no scrolling layouts. If you run out of space, add another tab (or sub-tab).

You can also check out www.devfm.com - their solution is excellent albeit the documenation sucks. It essentially allows you to create a "skin" around your runtime solution (you need the developer version of filemaker, and at this stage there is currently no option for Version 7. The skin solution allows you to create your own custom menus that run your specified scripts.

My only warning as I said, is the documentation leaves a lot to be desired. If you do go this route, and need help making it work, just send me a message. I can probably save you quite a bit of frustration.

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.