How to create a simple "go back" button

dalahasten

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Store the name of the layout you started on in a global when you execute the script to go to info about this car. Program the "back" button to go to layout by calculation, and use the global you stored in that calc.

Or go to the info layout, pause the script and make the back button a continue script that uses go to layout "original layout"

Hope this helps,

Dana

Hi /P

If you script navigation between layouts (i.e. do NOT use the layout popup menu in the statusbar) then you could keep track of all the windows you visit by adding an extra script step to each navigation script that appends the new layout's number + a carriage return to a global text field.

You het the number of the current layout with the Get(Current layoutnumber) function.

The back button would then trigger a script that takes the last value of this list and does a Goto Layout (number by calculation) to take you back to the previously visted layout. The script would then have to remove the last entry from the list in the global field.

And if you succeed in getting this to work then you could also start thinking about a 'Forward' button!

Happy scripting from,

Ernst.

Ernst's technique is probably alot more complete than either of my suggestions. Mine only allow you to go back one step. One drawback of the pause technique is that the when the user is in a paused script, several menu commands are inactivated.

This topic is 7304 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.