Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Inventory database and Customer database

This topic is 7269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two relational databases. One is for inventory and the other contains customers informations. The Customers one gives a serial ID to the customer which is used in the Inventory database for reservation purpose. When I enter the Customer ID in the field CODE of an item, this item is reserved to the name related to the Customer ID. All that process works fine.

What I need to do, is to see the items the customer reserved in the Customer database. With relationships, I can manage to see the first record of the Inventory database that has been reserved for the current customer. But how can I manage to see the other ones? I guess it would be a scripted thing with lookups, like performing a search in the Inventory database for the current customer to get the list of the items he reserved... Is that it?

I would be very grateful if someone could manage to sort that out a bit or give me pieces of advice.

Thanks in advance!

kroutchenkov said...With relationships, I can manage to see the first record of the Inventory database that has been reserved for the current customer.

If you are only seeing the first record, are you placing the related fields directly on your customer layout? I assume they are related on CustomerID (Customers:CustomerID to Inventory::Code). You can then place an inventory portal (Insert > Portal) on your Customer form layout and display as many rows as needed. Populate the portal with your inventory fields. As you scroll through your customers, all of their reserved items will display in the portal. smirk.gif

You could also use a GTRR (Go To Related Records) script to bring up your customer's reserved items. If you also click 'Show Only Related Records', you will end up with a found set for that customer when it has switched to the inventory file. But for simply viewing a Customer's reserved items, the portal is perfect.

This topic is 7269 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.