A printable report that looks like a table

Jacob22x

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

What I want to do seems so simple I can't bring myself to believe that FileMaker can't do it. I have a report with a header and a footer and subsummary parts that I want to print out to look like a table. the problem is, the table part consists of four columns per record that vary in length. I can set field borders, and if all four are one line each it looks right. But if one of the columns is two lines, then it alone expands, and the other three show a line at the one line point - meaning there isn't a continuous line between that record and the next. How can I create a table that will expand the borders for all four columns (fields) based on the largest field in that record?

I've attached a picture of what it looks like now, and what I don't want.

Unevenexample.jpg

Hi Jacob,

If I'm understanding your problem, you will want to format the fields to slide based on the contents.

I see you are using v7, I don't know if this has changed or not, but in earlier versions, you can change how a field slides by Highlight it in layout mode (clicking on it), and then, Go to the Menu, Format, Sliding/Printing, and then changing the way the field prints by selecting one or more of the options available. Sounds like you need to click the one that is "Sliding Up Based on"

HTH

Lee

wink.gif

That's true - I actually have sliding turned on. That's part of the problem. If you look at the picture, the number 2 box has slid up to fit, while the description to the right of it has slid up to fit the three lines of text there. But I want to have sliding turned on (because otherwise there is too much white space - the report would be 50 pages) but somehow get them all to slide only to the size of the largest field. So, in the example picture, the number 2 box would be three lines large to match the description next to it.

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.