New Record shows at top

This topic is 8143 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i am using the list view to display all my records in my database as it is a timesheet for employees...

however, whenever i create a new record, the new record does not show up at the top of the page but rather towards the middle...

is there a way to create a script to have the new record be the FIRST record at the time?

When the application is opened, it is scripted to sort by date but no matter what, the new record always goes in a place not at the top or the bottom...

thanks

Generally, the new record appears after the record you are in when you create the new one.

Probably the simplest way to put the new record at the top is to have a "CreationDate" field that auto-enters the creation date, then use a button with a script to create the new record, sort the records by CreationDate (descending) and go to the first record. That'll do it.

HTH,

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by mallikai:

i am using the list view to display all my records in my database as it is a timesheet for employees...

however, whenever i create a new record, the new record does not show up at the top of the page but rather towards the middle...

is there a way to create a script to have the new record be the FIRST record at the time?

When the application is opened, it is scripted to sort by date but no matter what, the new record always goes in a place not at the top or the bottom...

thanks

When records are in a sorted or semi sorted state, a new record appears immediately after the "current" record. In a list view, it can sometimes be difficult to determine what record is current.

If records are unsorted, the new record should appear at the end.

What you are asking for requires a scripted routine, although it might be able to be done with a self-join portal, where the relationship calls for the records to sort in descending creation order. Also take a look at the Status of Current Sort function.

HTH

Old Advance Man

This topic is 8143 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.