Disabling keyboard shortcuts/menus?

This topic is 7205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am curious... Is there any way to disable specific keyboard shortcuts or menu items?

I ask because one of my colleagues, an admitted speed-freak, has been hitting <Command => by accident recently, while he has been meaning to hit <Shift => to get a "+" symbol. Being the speed demon that he is, when the Replace Contents dialogue appears, he doesn't even read the buttons and keeps going for the left one, which he whines is usually Cancel in most programs. (I have told him that Cancel is the default here, and on on the right, for a REALLY good reason, but he is an old dog and refuses to let it sink in.) Needless to say, this has messed up our DB's since there is no undo option... Thank goodness for the daily backups!

So, if I can just disable this command, or at least the keyboard shortcut to get to it, it would make my life MUCH easier.

Go to File -> Access Privileges -> Passwords, select the user's password and change Available menu commands to 'None' or 'Editing Only', depending on how tightly you want them locked down. You can't selectively modify what options these disallow, which is where the plug-ins come in handy.

This topic is 7205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.