Find Script based on current field value?

This topic is 7239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a quote database which auto-serializes everytime a new quote is created and then I use this serial number across records and tables to link them all together into one multi-faceted quote. Anyway. I'd like to make a script step where either(or a recommendation on both would be nice) 1) All other records are omitted from the beginning of creating a new quote or 2) A find (all records with current serial# as it's stored in a global, then omit all other records. This way I can have it sort and print for them with one button press. Does this make any sense? It does to me but I never seem to make sense to anyone. At any rate thanks in advance for any help.

1) Create a self-relationship based on serial. When a new record is created, Commit Records/Requests and Go to Related Record based on the relationship. Only the newly created record will be found.

2) Are you referring to related records for the quote? A GTRR step would work there as well, using a relationship from quote number to quote number in the other table.

This topic is 7239 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.