Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Go To Related (only filtered portal results)

Bekah

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Oh I looked, I did. For the past three hours and can't find something like this.

I have employee table (staff activities) which is connected to activities (activities found) on many things. This is so I can filter the portal. It's very pretty and works great, filtering by date range, types, status etc. I call it activities found because it searches for the employee in the employee (staff activites) so only their page displays.

Staff activities is not yet attached to our customers. Problem: When I click portal row with Go To Related, it only lists one. When I try to script 'starting from' staff activities, it doesn't give me a customer layout to go to because they are not connected. confused.gif

So I created a global in staff activities and joined it to customers. I want to somehow grab all the activites only displaying. I have button 'work on this set' that they click and all customers that are currenty in portal should end up in found set, showing from customer detail forms.

How do I put the customer codes in the global so it only grabs what is showing? I need script, right? which puts the codes in the global. I read that somewhere but have never seen it done. Do I have to find them again or are they already separate somewhere else? I created a Activities Found layout but it shows all records. crazy.gif Please jump start me in the right direction. tongue.gif

Create a layout based on activities that only contains the customer id for the records.

Your script to 'work on this set' should do the following:

Go to Related Record [show only related; activities; using layout "activity customer"]

Copy All Records <- this will copy the customer ID for all records

Go to Layout [one based on staff activities that contains your global]

Paste [select; staff activities::global] <- this will paste the copied ids, return-delimited

Commit Records/Requests [ ]

Go to Related Record [show only related; customers; using layout "customer detail"]

Hello Queue and thank you. I have part of it working but it won't give me just what shows in the portal. It gives me all customers (Contacts). I know it isn't your ideas and must be me but not where.

It does everything right up through copying the right record ids and pasting into Contactid field and it even switches to the final view. But what shows is all of them. I tested with debuger with 3 records in portal and verified the ids were those three. i put my graph picture here and here is my script. could you please help me one final time on this please? i swear I checked everything so i probably forgot to tell you something that made some difference somewhere. crazy.gif

each plays in script where it says go to layout, i made sure layout was based upon the right name and also that the fields matched that same TO. i checked types of fields and they are all text fields.

Go to related record. Get Related record from Activities Found

Show record using layout Copy Activities for Contact and it only has one field - the ContactID. And it shows it only found 3 records.

It is clicked to show only related records

Copy all records

Go to layout Staff Activities - Staff All

Paste select No Style - Staff Activities::gActivityWorkSet

Commit don't ask and no dialog

Go to related record from Contacts using Contacts Main and show only related

My graph file is attached. smirk.gif I hope

mygraph.gif

I just noticed that even if I use a layout on Staff Activities (my staff table) it or whether I use the TO of Staff All - it gives me all that Staff's matching contacts. I was trying to use Staff All because I have so duplicates of each of my tables. blush.gif I actually hid the tangled mess on the other side. I don't like adding all these tables because they get all tangled up.

And I like Queue but if he's off playing for the weekend maybe someone else knows? I'm getting yelled at that it isn't fixed cus they can only go to one person at a time and i don't want to face Monday. frown.gif

How many lines does Staff Activities::gActivityWorkSet have after the Paste step? Is the global field actually on the Staff Activities layout? How is Contacts Main related to Contacts?

Ok.

How many lines does Staff Activities::gActivityWorkSet have after the Paste step? In my test, 3. If you wonder how many total might be displayed at one time, I guess all could. There are 36,000 contacts. They IDs are CON0000000 in seequence.

Is the global field actually on the Staff Activities layout? Checking script, the TO is Staff Activities and it has a global field displayed which is selected, called gActivityWorkSet and I checked that it is global text. Paste happens on layout named Staff Activities and says show records from Staff All. Ooops. The field is based upon Staff Activities but the layout is based upon Staff All. blush.gif Hold on!

How is Contacts Main related to Contacts?

Ummm, errr, those were the right questions for sure. shocked.gif I got so confused with so many staff activities and what is staff and what is activities. blush.gif I had two things wrong thinking I was point to TO when I was just naming the layout. tongue.gif And my copy was on Activities and not activities found - or was it the other way around. confused.gif Anyway, they didn't match right.

I need a bigger graph. I have over 70 of these TOs and I can't keep them straight because every time i want to find I use Go To Related. And every time I do that, i need a new TO. Geez. So sorry and thank you. You are very wise. wink.gif

This topic is 7274 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.