Converting FM 1.0 to 7.0

This topic is 7167 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a database on an old Macintosh II running OS 7.5 and Filemaker 1.1. I need to transfer that data over to a Windows PC in a useable format, whether it is Access, Excel, FM7, or anything else useable. I have read about complicated ways of upgrading version-by-version, but I don't have a Mac that supports any software that's come out in the past 10 or so years.

The database is just a simple address book with around 7,000 records. What is the best way for converting this ancient database to something we can use today? I was thinking exporting to a comma delimited text file -- any opinions?

I would export all that data into a delimited text file, yes. Even if you were to convert the whole database from V1 to V7, there are probably MANY changes you would want to add/change to it, due to the new features of V7.

If it's just address information you have, it wouldn't take too long to program a new-and improved database program (using whatever software you want), and then import all of the previously exported information into it.

This topic is 7167 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.