MenuControl

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Version is 1.5.0.6. When you exit the program using the X, it will show the tool bar twice when you exit, one right below the other at the top of the screen. If you use the file-exit sequence it closes normally, and it has always done this. You also can use the Alt-F4 sequence and it also closes with no problem, just using the X. Sorry for the lack of details.

I use the same version of the plugin in a runtime. I have disabled the 'x' close through the use of a small utility that I wrote in WinBatch. You must be running Windows 98 or higher. I can send it to you if you like, but if you're not working with a runtime, I'm not sure it will work.

The new version of MenuControl which was released yesterday, does some messing around with window closing, but I don't remember exactly what. Why don't you check his web site and try the new version.?

Steve

I am new to FileMaker, and the application that I have was built before me, and so I am having to come behind someone, which has been difficult. In saying that I am not familiar with the plug-in's at all, to upgrade to the new MC, do I just drop the plug-in in the system folder and will the existing scripts work with the new plug-in? Sorry if I am not clear on somethings, like I said I am coming in behind someone and I have never user FM before.

It depends upon whether the solution is a runtime or not. Runtimes require that the plugin needs to be installed in the solution's 'system' folder. If you are not dealing with a runtime, the plugin needs to go into Filemakers System folder with the rest of the plugins. You'll need to remove the existing MenuControl...move the old one into a temp folder before installing the new one. Dacon has added a lot of new features to the plugin, so upgrading might make sense.

Steve

It seems that they have had ongoing issues with closing files. I use the plug-in in a 'standard' as well as a runtime solution and have problems with the window control icons (minimize, restore and close) for every window open appearing at once across the top of the screen. Although unsightly, I have a great many customers using it and I have had no operational problems reported back to me as a result of it. Dacons has tried a few times to fix this and each time I got a new plug-in it appeared to be fine until some event or time had passed that caused it to reoccure.

I haven't tried the new release yet so I have no idea if the problem still exists.

In any case, it's a great plug-in

This topic is 7158 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.