Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Security Database -> how to logout ?

This topic is 7122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm using the web security databases to secure the databases I've published using the CDML but I've noticed that once the user has loged in he will stay loged even if the browser is closed, I would like to let the possibility to the user to log out or make him log out if he closes the page (or both), does anyone knows how to do that ?

This is web browser caching, nothing to do with FMP. You need to train the users to exit the web browser completely (all windows) to effectively log out.

Some browsers remember username and password; if they have selected this option there is little you can do (as developer).

Howdy! Unfortunately, there's no LOGOUT that I know of, but here are some ideas...

(1) IE Windows... I remember a post where someone found a way to logout, but it kinda only worked with IE6 Windows. She had wanted to logout without having to quit her browser so she could test what various users would see and have access to.

(2) False Logout... If the data is not that crucial, you can have your CDML pages only work correctly when based on a field/token/cookie value. When someone logs in, you set that parameter... when someone logs out, you change that parameter and use an IF statement to control whether they are "logged in" or not... kinda like a companion variable. Of course, this only works as long as they stick to your CDML web pages, but it may work good enough for many situations.

(3) Quit browser... tell them to QUIT BROWSER when they log out or someone can access their account/posts/information.

--ST

This topic is 7122 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.