Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Changing Colour

This topic is 8469 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I have a monitor screen whereby all user can see outstanding cases. Within the monitor screen there is a follow-up.

What i would like to do is when the follow-up has lapsed this date changes colour. I'm sure that i would have to use a case statement but not sure how i would write it.

Please Help.......

Regards, Martin

Two cases. Changing the color (er, colour) of text involves stacking calculated fields, one for each text color (defined as transparent) and having only one at a time display. Background colors are changed by having a calculated container field pick the color displayed in a container placed in the background. Let us know what you want the Case() statemen to do. -bd

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Two cases. Changing the color (er, colour) of text involves stacking calculated fields, one for each text color (defined as transparent) and having only one at a time display. Background colors are changed by having a calculated container field pick the color displayed in a container placed in the background. Let us know what you want the Case() statemen to do. -bd

Hello Again,

Thankyou for the reply. I have worked out the case statement and global container fields. I an having a problem placing onto my monitor screen and the text turn a different colour. I know that the calculation field has to be over laping the follow-up date, but its not working yet.

Here is my calculations..........

Follow Date > Date Field

_gStatus Colour > Global, Repeating, Container

_cStatus Display > Unstored, = Case(Follow Date <= Status(CurrentDate),"")

_cDisplay > Unstored, = Case(_cStatus Display = 1, GetRepetition(_gStatus Colour,1),"")

Hope the above helps what i am trying to do. If my calculations are wrong or i should be doing this another way, Please let me know...

Many Thanks, Martin

since we are back on this topic. . .

when you guys say to fill a container field with a certain color, say Red, do you mean to actually use the Paint Bucket tool in Layout mode? I have tried to implement this and can't get it to work. But don't see any other way of filling the container field with a k0|_0|2 (i.e. - color).

anyway,

jeremy

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

Go to layout mode. Draw a square, select a red fill, select a red line for outline. Copy the square to the the clipboard. Go to browse mode, click in the container field, paste from the clipboard. -bd

Hello All,

Here is the update on my solution

OK, No Global fields, No Container fields required.

Following case statement.

Case(Follow Date <= Status( CurrentDate),Follow Date,DateToText(""))

Calculation result would be whatever the field was. It this case the calculation result was date.

Change text colour to RED.

What i have in my solution is when the follow-up data has lapsed the whole monitor line changes colour. >>> GREAT <<<<

Works well. The next step in this solution would be placing a time event in. I am also think about when user puts a follow-up data in it must be greater than the current time.

(ie) Current date > current time... ( Something like that )

Thanks to everyone who took part in this issue.

One more question. As i has delvelope 65 database systems now, Can i now upgrade my membership from Junior Member to Member. < gg > or at least go up one level.

Regards,

Martin

(ps) Could i also say a big thankyou to the iTeam in Greensboro,( USA ) for there help....

[This message has been edited by partsgb.martinw (edited February 23, 2001).]

well, i'm trustin' ya without trying it yet (to early, must stay away from filemake for few more minutes. . .)

very wise men frequent this club, thank you very much.

jeremy

posted at same time as above post. Was responding to Live Oak.

But in response to your Junior Member status, you need at least 30 posts to become a member. . . keep the posts coming.

[This message has been edited by yafreax (edited February 23, 2001).]

This topic is 8469 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.