Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Slow filemaker 7 remote access

drsaloon

This topic is 7069 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am struggling with a slow remote database. After connecting to the remote database, the first time I create a new record it takes over 20 minutes to just create a new record. If I then create another record, it is relatively fast (1 sec to create). If I then close and reopen the remote database, it again takes 20 minutes to create a new record the first time. If i access the file locally, creating a new record takes less than a second every time. Is there anyway to force a log that will help me figure out what filemaker is hanging on? Any idea of what could cause this problem?

Run the script that creates the record with the 'script debugger' on (FMD) and see at what script step the delay occurs.

Try disabling some of the calculations (commenting them out), auto-enter fields and lookups. There could be one in there that causes this.

No log, I'm afraid. It's a manual troubleshooting process.

• Newbies

File references are fine. I found that the hangs were caused by some lookups in 3 fields in my database. When I turned off the index for the match fields of the offending lookups' relationships all was back to normal. Also when I then turned the index back on in the match fields, the problems did not return. My question is whether turning the index off and on remakes the index? Could my problems have been from a corrupted index that was fixed by remaking the index?

This topic is 7069 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.