This topic is 8459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

ok i have two fields in my database (well actually i have more than 2 fields, but these 2 are the only ones that are important for this scenario)

The fields are Begin Date, and End Date. Now i was wondering if i could fill in a calculation field with those dates and all date in between.

for instance if i put 03/11/2001 into my begindate field, and 03/15/2001 into my end datefield, my new calculation field would look something like this

03/11/2001 03/12/2001 03/13/2001 03/14/2001 03/15/2001

is this possible at all??

of course would also have to work if the days were no in the same month. like if i had 03/30/2001 and 04/02/2001 my new field would contain:

03/30/2001 03/31/2001 04/01/2001 04/02/2001

any ideas?? thanks..

quote:

Originally posted by bman:

ok i have two fields in my database (well actually i have more than 2 fields, but these 2 are the only ones that are important for this scenario)

The fields are Begin Date, and End Date. Now i was wondering if i could fill in a calculation field with those dates and all date in between.

for instance if i put 03/11/2001 into my begindate field, and 03/15/2001 into my end datefield, my new calculation field would look something like this

03/11/2001 03/12/2001 03/13/2001 03/14/2001 03/15/2001

is this possible at all??

of course would also have to work if the days were no in the same month. like if i had 03/30/2001 and 04/02/2001 my new field would contain:

03/30/2001 03/31/2001 04/01/2001 04/02/2001

any ideas?? thanks..

There are some scripts and long calculations that make this possible, but I find them pretty unweildly. However Troi Automastering (www.troi.com) makes a Ranges plugin which allows you to do this in a simple calculation. Also Waves in Motion makes the oAzium Date plugin that has this feature.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

Kurt and I might disagree a little on this one. I don't think the script to perform what you wish is too cumbersome and seems plenty fast for several month ranges of dates. If you a building a related find, you'll want carriage returns between dates. The fill script looks like:

If (enddate > begindate or IsEmpty(begindate) or IsEmpty(enddate))

Exit Script

Endif

Set Field (Date, "")

Set Field (gDateTemp, begindate)

Loop

Set Field(Date, Date & gDateTemp & " ")

Exit Loop If (Date = enddate)

Set Field(Date, Date + 1)

End Loop

The error check at the beginning could set the enddate to the begindate, if enddate is blank or whatever checks you wish.

-bd

quote:

Originally posted by bman:

ok.. nifty nifty, looks like fun.. one question how would i get that script to run every time a new record is created???

there might be a problem with this though.. the records are created through a web interface and scripts are somtimes un reliable when run through web interfaces.

This is one of those situations where a plug-in makes your life alot easier. Simply use the plugin to calculate into an auto-entered calculation field.

------------------

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

This topic is 8459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.