Why doesn't this show in the field?

This topic is 7025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

first wanted to say - Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, I really appreciate it.

Second, I don' know why but I seem to be tripping across these interesting scenarios.

I have 2 tables, one called UI_Table and one called Projects

In the UI_Table I have 2 globals (among others) ; they are gSortOrder and gSortfieldName

I have a script which when I click on a field in the Projects view I set these globals. Works good.

I got creative and though "hmm, be nice to show this to the user". So I created another field, SortStatusCalc in Projects table (just a calculation field - unstored) and when I put this code in it, it only shows the contents of the first variable

I moved this to a script to test out and verified that it is ok. I a show custom dialog message before setting my a field below and contents display correctly. but in the set field, or calculation, I only see up to the first global! What gives?

"View is sorted on " & UI_Table::gSortFieldName & " and is in " & UI_Table::gSortOrder & " order."

It prints "View is sorted on Project Name"

but stops after the first global. Why?

thanks,

sincerely,

J__

Queue,

Thanks for the response. You are right, it was wrapping to another line and I was only showing one line.

So, now my question is: why did it wrap? the text isn't long.

View is sorted on " & UI_Table::gSortFieldName & " and is in " & UI_Table::gSortOrder & " order."

what would make everything wrap after the output of UI_Table::gSortFieldName is written to the field? I don't have any spaces in there. Do I need to trim that global? If so, why?

thanks for your help,

J__

Yes, that is one annoying feature of the Left-, Middle-, and RightValues functions. You can use Left and Length to chop it off, but it may be more efficient to use Substitute( MiddleValues( Get(ScriptParameter); 2; 1 );

This topic is 7025 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.