Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problems starting IWP

This topic is 6957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having some problems starting IWP. I can turn on the TCP/IP in the Filemaker network settings, but then when I try to turn on Instant Web Publishing it gives me the error "Filemaker cannot share files over the web because Instant Web Publishing could not be started"...i've read a few of the posts regarding this issue but nothing seems to be applicable...ideas??

Sometimes FM fails to close it's web publishing process from a previous session. I assume you're on a PC. Close FM, then do CTRL+ATL+Delete and look under the processes tab for an Image Name called 'FM Web Publishing.exe'. Select it and click 'End Process', then restart FM.

• 1 month later...

I had that problem for the longest time. In fact I still have it on my server.

This solved it for my personal machine

Make sure Access via Instant Web Publishing check box is checked. File | Define Accounts and Privileges | Account | Edit | Privilege Set | Edit | Extended Privileges.

Worked on this all day, and cannot get it to work on the other machine. I wish the same thing worked on the server...

Now I want to get this sent out for people to enter their own data, but I don't want them to be able to see the others information. What do I do?...I'll keep looking on this board.

• Newbies

I have the same problem as you with FMD7 & FMS7 installed in the same PC. After I uninstall FM7 from the PC the IWP is working again. You can only run FMD7 or FMS7 at any one time but not 2 at the same time. The other option is to stop the FMS7 servive thru WINDOW/CONTROL PANEL/ADMIN. TOOL. Thnks.

This topic is 6957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.