Overriding a repeating calculation field

This topic is 7013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a repeating calculation field that is used with another repeating calculation field. The result of calculation field 1 is a number which is then used in calculation field 2. There are times when I need to override the number in calculation field 1. This might be a simple question but I have not figured out a way to do this. I would like to do this without using a script if possible.

I am using FM6.

Thanks for any Help

Create another repeating field, but make it a normal number instead of a calc. This will be your override value field. Then change your second calculation to use

Case( not IsEmpty(overriderepfield1), overriderepfield1, repfield1 )

in place of each instance of repfield1.

The value in the appropriate repetition of overriderepfield1 will be used in place of that of repfield1, whenever it is not empty.

I think I understand how this works. I would like to have only one field if that is possible. I want the user to be able to click in the calc 1 field and change the value instead of having a second override field. Basicaly the same way you can with a looked up value.

Thanks for the response

In FM6, it will require many more fields to make it work in such a manner.

If you are concerned about making it appear that there is only one field, you can remove repfield1 from the layout, then add the override field and stack a calculation field equal to Case( not IsEmpty(overriderepfield1), overriderepfield1, repfield1 ) on top of it and disable entry to the calc field. That way, when a user clicks on the calc field, the override field is selected and modified instead. And when they exit the field, the correct value is shown in the calc.

This topic is 7013 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.