Conditional Value List Problem - HELP!!!

This topic is 6987 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having a strange problem with a conditional VL. I have three tables: Events, Exhibitions, Bookings.

I create an event for an exhibition.. Each Event record has: (unique) EventID.txt, EventName.txt and ExhibitionID.txt (to relate it to the Exhibition) fields.

Exhibition1 has, say, 2 events.. Event1 and Event2

Exhibition2 has, say, 3 events.. Event3, Event4 and Event5

Events is related to Exhibitions via ExhibitionID field (Relationship is called "Events{fromExhibitions})

I need a conditional VL so that when in a Booking record I key in the ExhibitionID and the value list only will show Exhibition - RELATED EventIDs and EventNames in the pop-up. I have tried using "only related values" in the VL definition dialogue, using the above relationship and also experimented with a relationship directly from bookings to events via the ExhibitionID field - all to no avail. Pop-up Menu just says <<No values defined>> Strangely, related records do appear correctly in a portal! but not in my value list. Is there a bug? FM Developer 7.0 v.2

Is Bookings related to Exhibitions via ExhibitionID and is your value list based on Events{fromExhibitions}, 'starting from' Bookings?

It might help to post your file so we can get a better visual of your configuration.

This topic is 6987 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.